Job Title: Tree Sales Representative
Job Summary: We are seeking an energetic and enthusiastic sales representative to increase our sales and manage our existing wholesale customers. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated closer who possesses excellent communication and sales skills, with a true passion for sales. This position requires that you work in an outdoor environment and possess reliable transportation. You should be organized and able to generate your own leads and able to easily build a rapport with landscapers, wholesalers, and retailers.
- Identify and target potential customers within the local market covering Minnesota and part of Iowa, south Dekota & Wisconsin.
- Develop and maintain a robust pipeline of leads through cold calling, networking, social media, and other sales strategies.
- Thoroughly understand the tree products and services offered by Kahnke’s.
- Educate customers on product offerings, promotions, alternates, and reward programs.
- Conduct on-site presentations to showcase our products and services.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with existing and potential customers.
- Work closely with customers to understand their needs and provide solutions.
- Generate proposals/estimates and competitive quotes for customers.
- Process customer orders promptly and ensure smooth coordination with the internal team for timely delivery.
- Stay informed about industry trends, competitor activities, and market conditions.
- Provide feedback to the purchasing team to enhance product offerings and improve customer satisfaction.
- Maintain detailed records of sales activities, customer interactions, and transactions.
- Prepare regular reports on sales performance and contribute to sales forecasting.
- Proven experience in sales, preferably in the green industry or related industry.
- Knowledge of trees, shrubs, perennials, basic landscape materials and industry practices.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated with a results-oriented mindset.
- Ability to work independently and manage time efficiently.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Company Background: Kahnke’s was established in 1969 and offers a wide range of products and services including varieties of trees. We grow high quality trees, shrubs, and perennials at our farm in Plato, MN spread over 180+ acres. We have contributed to carbon reduction by planting over 100,000 trees. More information about Kahnke’s can be found at www.kahnkes.com.
Full-Time\Part-Time. Pay based on experience.
- Team-oriented: Collaborative & supportive work environment
- Detail-oriented: Quality & precision-focused
- Aggressive: Competitive & growth-oriented
- Competitive base salary with commission structure.
- Opportunities for professional development and advancement.
- Work-life balance with most nights spent at home.
- State unemployment benefit during off season
- Paid selected national holidays.
- Year end bonus based on company and individual performance.
Role – Tree Sales representative
About Us – We are tree farm spread over 180+ acers and growing 80,000+ high quality trees of several kinds. Our trees are well known in the landscaping industry for our tree quality. We are in Plato, MN.
Job requirements –
- We are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic sales representative to increase our sales and manage our existing wholesale customers.
- This is a great opportunity for a self-motivated closer that possesses excellent communication and presentation skills, with a true passion for sales.
- This position does require that you are able to work in an outdoor environment as well as possess a reliable cell phone and transportation. You should be organized and able to generate your own leads, comfortable giving presentations, and be able to easily build a rapport with landscapers and retailers.
- Assumes responsibility for achieving sales goals by implementing marketing and sales strategies aimed at effectively selling and promoting our trees.
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree is required.
- Proven sales experience of about 3 to 5 years is required.
- Tree farm work experience is plus but not required.
- Intermediate computer skills required (Windows, Word, Excel).
Pay and Commission:
This job has base pay range $65k to $85k plus target based commissions.